Name:
Location: OK

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Men!

Okay, I meant to do this right after Crystal’s rant but I got busy and Diana beat me to it but I have to continue on with the “boys” “boyz” rant. I know this is going to be long buy I REALLY need some help. To start out with, crystal you are very right about it being an act of god to get any male to talk about his feelings. Unless, YOUR WITH 20 FRIENDS AT A PARTY YOUR HOSTING. OMG!!!! I don’t think I’ve ever used that acronym before but it is definitely needed here. Then, it the previous situation they won’t shut up or let it go. What the hell. We’re suppose to just let it go all the time because they font like talking about it but when they want to; WOAA what a different story. And if you refuse to talk then they just sulk and pout and be a freaking jerk until they get their way. And I apologize to any guy to which this doesn’t pertain to; I am just speaking out of experience.

Okay, that was the end of the ranting section and here is the begging of my colossal confusion that was brought on about an hour ago.

First of all a little back story:

Most of you know me and Dex broke up in May. Well, it wasn’t verbal, but I am POSITIVE that we both understood. The way it happened was that we had a huge 2 week not speaking to each other fight over something insanely trivial and finally wrote an e-mail saying “blah blah, blah, I assume your leaving for New Jersey again this summer so we should make the most out of the time we have because if you leave I don’t want to stay together this time. Blah, blah” Then I got an e-mail back saying “blah, blah, your right about me leaving for New Jersey again. Blah, blah” and we made up, he left and didn’t call me for this entire summer. I called him on his birthday and spoke to him for about ten minutes but that was about it. Now I don’t really want to go into how I am sure that he understood this and considered us broken up but I am sure he did.

Now to recent events:

Earlier I got a Facebook message reading:
“when did you get a new camara? looks like your having alot of fun. I did notice how ever something wrong with a few photos and something missing entierly from others. I'll be back in a few days. I'm in Dallas visiting my family and Shelby. I'll talk to you later.
Love Ya”

And I responded:
“I bought it a week ago last friday as a treat for finishing up my internship. I love it so much!!!. I was debating between an ipod and dock or a camera and I'm really happy I got the camera. I still have a ton a pics to post up but they only let you post so many per album and I didn't want to take the time to make a seperate one. I didn't notice anything wrong with the pics, I'll have to go back and look at them. Tell Shelby we miss him. See you soon. love ya” I wasn’t sure about the love ya, but we didn’t really break up on a bad note and I always will and he said it so I said it too.

Now where the confusion comes in is that I come back form the bar to this message:

“thats cool. there isn't anything wrong with the way the pictures look. I was talking about your ring being backwards in a few and not on your hand at all in a few others.”

For any who don’t know a few years ago he gave me a claddagh ring which if worn one way means I’m taken and if worn the other means I’m not. Now I can’t see any pics with a clear view of the ring at all but I’m not entirely sure what the “backwards way” he’s talking about is. Is the “taken” way backwards or the “single” way backwards? After breaking up I had a lot of trouble wearing my ring the single way because I had had it on the other way so long but I didn’t think I had any pictures taken that way, and none that I see. Anyways, I’m really tempted to ask him what the “backwards” way is but I’m really nervous. I haven’t done anything really “bad” but I have thought of myself as single for an entire summer and flirted and kissed “boy”. Now, I really don’t think I want to get back together with him but I’m not a cheating type of girl and it really bothers me that what I’ve done could somehow be considered cheating. Anyway, this is what I ended up writing back:

“Wow, I don't know what pics your talking about because I can only see my own right hand in two. But, I am wearing the ring my aunt and uncle gave me for graduation instead now. I think the two pics I could see my hand in were from 7 47 and I wasn't wearing any jewelry at all then because we were at the pool for the day. Anyways, I work in 5 hours so I'll ttyl.”

Now I know it isn’t straight forward but I think it gets the message across. Anyways, I really need some comments so tell me what you think.

3 Comments:

Blogger di hu said...

um..i am not an expert but i sugest the term "no bullshitting" applies here. i don't know how your relationship was with him. but u need to tell him that you thought you were broken up and that you acted single all summer and that you probably don't want to get back together with him. if u don't tell him like u told us on this blog then it will get major confused and u will have a huge dramatic event which i for one try always to avoid. u could even give him the address to your blog if u didn't want to go through all the trouble. it is all on your blog. i am sorry i can't be much more of a help but i do know the longer this b.s.ing goes one (aka not addressing the situation at hand) everyone will explode and die!!!!!
p.s. that's really bad if that happens!!!

1:02 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

well, so far I've only not addressed the issue for 13 hours. And I am POSITIVE he knew we were broken up. He had been taking to friends about "just getting out of a two and a half year relationship" verbatum. Problem is; I'm not suppose to know he said that so I don't know what to do. I'm more confused than anything. and thanks for the input- even if it isn't what I want to hear. :(

2:16 PM  
Blogger Mr. Greene (and His Orchestra) said...

I'm with Diana on this one. Getting the situation clear now will save confusion and headaches later. He should realize that you all have broken up anyway, but making sure he does sounds like a good idea here.

1:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home